
Since I last posted here, Jeremy and I got a wild hair and decided to take a weekend trip to NY. It was WONDERFUL! I am ashamed to say that if I had known about the wonderous NY before I got married, I would have definitely moved there. It's so not me, really, but then again I could also definitely see myself molding into another faster-paced, trendier, more worldly me.
Jeremy and I stayed at the Roosevelt Hotel at Madison and 45th (basically in the thick of it all) and did almost everything on the surface. I was sad that we didn't get to visit some areas. I would have liked to visit Chelsea, maybe gone into Brooklyn, and some other things, but we basically got the gist of it. And it was good we didn't do everything - some was saved some for later trips.
Our trip was a whirlwind of wonderful happenings, but here are some highlights...
1) Times square Sunday evening when we saw The Pajama Game starring Harry Connick Jr. Himself
2) The Empire State Building at 10:30 pm - simply the best time to go
3) Our brisk stroll through Central Park after visiting Zabar's grocery store
4) L'ecole - the French Culinary Institute's very own restaurant. C'est magnifique!
5) The Staten Island Ferry ride to Staten Island. From which we saw the Statue of Liberty.
6) Frrrrozen Hot Chocolate from Serendipity YUM!
7) Being Serenaded at La Mela - an Italian restaurant in Little Italy
8) Last, and most importantly, coming home to my kiddos that I missed tremendously!
3 comments:
This is WONDERFUL. Makes my heart beat fast, and makes the memories come flooding back. I'm so glad you guys did this, and that it was such a great experience for you!
Hey, my first visitor to leave a nice comment! :) Thanks!
you guys hsould get another wild hair like July 6-10. Thats when the student's will have their show.:) That's really fun that you guys went.
Post a Comment