Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The deleted post

So, some of you may realize that I deleted my last post. That's because some really bizarre blogger (I think?) came and posted a REALLY long comment on my blog. It was not really mean, but not nice either and it made me think that I really don't want to be bitter. And I am not, really, a bitter person. I don't want anyone to think I am either, I was still fuming at the incident that had happened (I think you know what I am talking about) and I thought this was a safe place for me to do so, but apparantly not. I am erring on the side of caution when it comes to my character.

So, I went to a friends' tonight for wine and cheese. I sooooo needed that. I am so excited at the thought of being a part of this incredible group of girls. Every one of them is so astoudingingly (sp?) talented. I find myself being a bit jealous and trying not to show it at the same time. I need to find my "niche" in life. Is it that I am supposed to be the ever doting mom? Or the frumpy housewife? Please tell me there is something better. I LOVE LOVE LOVE being a mom and a housewife. I just would like to know there is more depth there. Where do I fit in?

So, I have thought about what I love. Scrapbooking, cooking, gardening, photography, and music to name a few. With that you would think I had at least a little bit to offer. The real problem is I have always had the problem of starting something and not finishing. What is that about?? I feel like a failure at so many things because I can't stick with it. Maybe this year what I should do is really focus on one thing at a time.

Anywho, enough about me. Happy birthday to you, Bethany, and with that I will say good night.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Please don't be discouraged by that person's meanness (although I did not see the comment). They don't know you, and have no basis for judgement of any kind. So, with personal power, push the delete button and poof they are gone with their nastiness.

As far as sticking with things - I have a different take. Only you can know if you have a REAL problem with followthrough. But, trying lots of things and abandoning them because they just don't have the appeal you originally thought they might is NOT wrong. It's like going to a great ethnic restaurant, full of expectation, and just NOT liking the food. Did you waste the experience? No. You learned something about yourself. Better that than just sticking with the safe stuff that you already know you like.

You'll find your niche - maybe several. And then, you might eliminate a few along the way, too. It's all growth!