Something tells me this is going to be a good year. The reason I think that is because this is the first year in a long time that I have wanted to do something about the things I despise in my life. Not that I hate myself, or my life... I don't. But, in all honesty, there are some things that could use "tweaking."
Like, for instance, my creativity lull I have been experiencing for the past.... I don't know say 10 years now?? I used to express myself in so many ways. Most of all musically. But, now the music has stopped, and I have become someone else entirely. I would love to find the old me. Before Christmas Jeremy, Corbin, and I went to the DSO. It was simply magical. I know this sounds so terribly cliche, but my heart just about leapt out of my chest and tumbled onto the stage listening to the live symphony. It was magnificent.
I never was the best singer, I have always been the instrumentalist, but I did dabble a bit in college with voice lessons. You know though? I am going to drag my clarinet out of the closet and give it the ole' college try again. Those cranky UNT professors will not keep me down!! Maybe I will even find my sister's flute and try to teach myself that as well... We'll see. I may be getting ahead of myself a little there.
Another thing I will do, is when I scrapbook I will not simply copy someone else's layout, I will create my own. I am capable of making just as lovely of a layout that will be mine and no one elses. On top of that, I will also scrapbook more.
I will also join some sort of book club and force myself to read something other than "Left Behind" or some Harry Potter book for a change. It's high time I started some more mature novels. (Not "mature" in the perverted sense, though - no romance novels for me, thanks.) :)
Also, I will read the manual on my new camera and learn all about it. I will start taking more pictures and branch out to taking more than just pictures of my kids.
The road ahead of me is starting to look brighter .... and I really do like what I am seeing. Maybe I will just find my old self after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay! I haven't been around much for the non-creative Shelly. Mainly I remember you as the kick-ass musician. And you have been letting it out, I've seen your house. It's awesome! But good for you for wanting to do more.
Fly, fly, fly!!!!
Post a Comment