
You know how you are sitting in some restaurant and they are playing all the right songs... not just the hot songs from today (which mostly reek by the way - what has happened to music?) But, the songs from years past, like obscure songs like "Take on Me" or "Stand" or the ever popular "1,000 miles"? And you are like - "oh, I just love that song, that really takes me back..." or whatever...
Well, today was one of those days. I was sitting in Taco Bueno and The Cure came on over the speakers. I was immediately taken back to late middle school, early high school. Oh, the days of having your mother drop you off about a block before you get to school and then running in the bitter cold to get there on time. I know I am going to be cursed by my kids for having done that to my mom.
Anyway, I came home and downloaded The Best of Cure. It was just what I needed. The kids are taking a late nap and I am blogging, obviously, and listening. What a perfect way to end my otherwise really boring and non-productive day.
3 comments:
Can't talk Cure with you, but the look on your face is worth $thousands.
I wish we had a Taco Bueno.
I have that Cure CD. love it!!!!!
Remember when we used to go tanning at your aunt's house during our off period senior year? I was thinking about that the other day when I was talking with some of my students about their off periods. lol.
Yeah, you are hating it. Taco Bueno is awesome. But, you live in Austin and that trumps Taco Bueno any day. :)
Post a Comment