
I never blogged about the trip we took back in August. I am a little behind! :) We went on a road trip to Arizona (Jeremy had to work for a couple of days - helped to offset some of the cost of our trip!) then to San Diego for the zoo and the beach at La Jolla, then we went up to Anaheim for Disneyland, then back through Flagstaff for the most AWESOME Grand Canyon... by the way, if you have never been, you must go! It's is amazing. It was definitely the highlight of our trip for me despite my petrifying fear of heights. I walked to the rim and was in awe of literally one of the seven wonders of the world. (wait, is it one of the wonders?? Well, if it isn't, then it should be.)
Disneyland was fun too, we had a blast. I think the kids' favorite part was the parade. Disney really knows how to do it up. We didn't see very many of the characters walking around the park, that was kind of a downer. But, other than that we had a grand time and really I don't think the kids noticed that much. Next time we do a Disney vacay, Jeremy wants to go to Disneyworld. He has never been.
Next time we go on this particular road trip I think we will skip San Diego. Last time we went, it was really neat going there. We went to the zoo, and hung out down at La Jolla beach (we had a picnic there) but when we went to the beach for pics this time, there was like 1 person per square inch. We stayed maybe 10 minutes and after listening to Bryson cry about how his feet were getting dirty from the sand, we decided to give up and leave. As for the zoo, they have nothing on the Ft. Worth zoo. I am not kidding. You know how you are always hearing about how phenomonal the San Diego zoo is? They had a terrible lion exhibit... the lions are one of our favorites! The elephants and giraffes were just OK. I would rather go to the Ft. Worth zoo anyday.
Next year (2009) we have decided to go snow skiing. I hope to talk Jeremy into going sometime around thanksgiving. I think that would be so fun! He has never been snowskiing either. We are going to be in great shape by then! :)
The year after that when Corbin is 8, Bryson 5, and Janie 3 (!!!) we are going to brave Disneyworld. :)
1 comment:
You need to post some pics from Disney Land!
Post a Comment