Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Another day of tears


We left Bryson for stay and play today (Bryson gets out at 11:45 and Kindergarten gets out at 12:45 - stay and play is for an hour). When I went to pick him up his teacher said "Bryson had a hard time today at stay and play. He didn't eat his lunch and he cried until we came outside. Ugh. I felt like I got sucker punched! I actually cried when the teacher told me that.

I told him that if he didn't want to stay for stay and play that he absolutely didn't have to. If I hadn't known that he was crying I would have stopped what I was doing and ran up to get him in a heartbeat. And that's the truth.

I am starting to realize more and more lately that this time is soooo precious! In just a few blinks of an eye, my kids, heaven forbid, may not even want me around! I can't fathom the thought. I am just trying to cherish the time I have left that they do. And pray to God that that day never comes!

1 comment:

Tylers.Net said...

OH, that feeling is so heart wrenching!!! I'm so sorry that happened! Nathan cried as I dropped him off for Mothers Day Out on Friday and it tore me up. I kept checking on him before I left waiting for him to be happy and the teacher finally told me she would call if he didn't get better. Thankfully he had a great day with lots of fun stories to tell. Unfortunately my day was filled with worries about whether or not I should go pick him up and feeling awful that I left him!!! Great Break, huh? I totally agree!! The days are so precious!