Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Kind of a funny story

Last Thursday night I decided to change out my nose ring. I took it out no problem and put in a tiny little diamond stud. Too cute.

So, that went as well as could be expected. I went to a friends' house and watched Wives and Daughters - when I got home I fell asleep on the couch. My sweetie woke me up and said. "hey, your nose ring is coming out"

Well, I freaked a little and ran to the bathroom. I took it out and tried to put in the one from before (a little bigger post and shaped oddly - like a right angle)
I started to get a little light headed, so I went and laid down. It didn't really hurt... I don't know what the deal was. I told Jeremy he was going to have to do it for me. (Thank God he was there!)

I laid down and he couldn't get it, so we went to the bathroom where I could stand up and he could put it in. Next thing I know Jeremy is yelling "Shelly!! Shelly!!!" I said "what??!?" To which he replied (much to my surprise) "you just passed out and you were convulsing on the floor!" I was so utterly confused. I felt like I had just come out of the deepest sleep of my life. My eyes were completely dialated.

I stood up quickly and looked at my nose. He got it in... I laid on my bed and tried to think of what to do. I decided to take it out. I mean, if every time I take the thing out I am going to pass out and start convulsing, I am probably not meant to have one. Am I right?? So, here I am nose ring-less. Every now and then I kind of miss it.

And then I picture myself convulsing on the bathroom floor. And I laugh. I think I made the right choice.

No comments: