Friday, June 23, 2006

Crazy day



So, this morning started out with a trip to the Dr's office. Bryson got 4 shots and screamed for about 5 minutes straight. It was not for me or him...

Then, I called Bethany. I met them (her and Brad) at Pro-tech automotive and picked them up for our little sworay (sp?) around the Denton/Lewisville area. - Little did I know this at the time...

First we went to Fry Street Ink. That seemed like a sure fire win. They had been opened for years and years and had a great reputation. I parked the car after scrounging around for quarters... fed the meter... we all got out and walked up to the brightly painted shop and THEY WERE CLOSED! Side Note: Does this have something to do with Preserve Denton?? Probably.

I felt a little like Jack Bauer as Bethany and I bravely climbed the stairs above Voyagers Dream searching for answers. We came to the first door on the left... it was opened and someone was in there. Bethany and I both just stood there like escaped convent nuns. I wonder what this guy was thinking when he saw us just standing there?? That makes me laugh...

Well, Fry st. ink was out. We quickly made the call to drive to Lewisville. We got there and after a quick snack at Subway Bethany and I walked over to A Beautiful Body ready for our piercings. Again, those dreams were thwarted. Apparantly it's not important for some people to show up to work on time because they were not there and they should have been.

We ate some yummy MiCasita lunch and tried one last place. Smiling Rick's. Bear with me here because this is where it starts to get interesting. (finally!)

Bethany and I walked up to the door of smiling ricks. All of our hopes and dreams had been dashed. We really expected the place to be closed or the piercer to not be there... but we tredged on... the guy sitting on the couch was watching Lucky Number Sleven (GREAT movie!) He was covered with tattoos and had some crazy green minerals in both of his ears. He asked us if he could help us and we said "we want a nose ring" He replied... much to our surprise "OK, come with me!"

YIPPEE!!! We were pretty scared at this point. It was really going to happen. We signed the forms and went down the long hall to the back room... the piercing room. Why is this room in the back?? Ew, I don't even want to think about that.

I made Bethany do it first. I will be the first to admit that I am a big ole chicken. She did it and lived. So, I laid down and mouse poked a hole through my nose... very unceremoniously I might add.

Anyways...Voila! I am pierced.

It looks so cute. I feel so hip and trendy. :) We did it! We are so brave.

2 comments:

Jody said...

You are much more daring than I. And hip and trendy too. I must be getting old. =) I'll keep you posted on the scrapbooker contest- but not til the end of next month...that's a long wait! Ciao!

Rebekah said...

This is hilarious. The story of your escapade was worth the wait. Somehow the whole event merited a little - no a lot of drama. Yes ma'am - hip and trendy cuties.

Rebekah