Monday, April 24, 2006

Silly Dog

Koby is our dog that we "rescued" last December. He is a full blood 3.5 year old yellow lab and he is such a sweet little teddy bear. He is a licker and he dutifully follows me (his favorite) all over the house. We are blessed to have him as an addition to the Pope household. On Friday night I was cleaning up some mud that Koby tracked in. I had the vacuum cleaner out and was vacuuming our room - Koby was no where to be seen. I figured he was in the living room with Jeremy watching TV. Well, I got done and left the vacuum cleaner standing there while I finished watching TV with Jeremy. I got up to go to the bathroom and Koby followed me. On the way back out to the Living room I tripped on the vacuum cleaner cord and Koby was extremely startled. I just laughed and kept walking. About 20 minutes later I was sitting on the couch and I said to Jeremy, "Where's Koby?" and Jeremy didn't know so I called for him and I heard faint whimpering coming from our room. I yelled again and more whimpering... louder this time. So, I had Jeremy see what was going on. Koby was standing beside his crate staring at the vacuum cleaner. He was petrified of it. Jeremy said "come on, Koby" and after some coaxing Koby darted past with his eyes firmly on the vacuum cleaner all the while. This is the sweetest part. He came into the living room (I was laying on the couch) and he put his enormous front paws up on the couch and buried his head into my arm. I swear he was wanting a hug! So, I hugged him back and assured him it was OK. Jeremy and I had a good laugh over it, but I have got to say, it makes me feel really special and love Koby even more knowing that he comes to me for comfort when he is scared or hurt.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

This is SO sweet. He's probably watched you hug and comfort your other two "babies."

By the way - thanks for your encouragement and wisdom when Don was going through his scary situation last weekend!