I got the camera. What camera? You might ask? Only the greatest camera that ever existed. (OK, maybe that was an overstatement, but it is to me so far in my photography career!) I spend almost an hour today in Best Buy asking the salesman questions about it. Which one he thought was best, where I should take photography classes. He was quite helpful. His name is Michael and he is here in town... he could take care of your digital photography needs if you should ever need it.
I don't know where this love of photography that I have comes from. Growing up, I only had disposable cameras. Nothing fancy. I would cherish it, going around and taking pictures of things. Really things only I cared about. The clouds, my bedroom, my eyes after putting in my colored green contacts. (they were quite scary)
Now I have gone and invested in a quality camera AND ... AND... get this, I am going to be starting photography classes at UNT in the Spring!! It's a Black and White intro course. I am SOOOOOO excited! It's a 2 hour class once a week and 2 - 2 hour labs. Lots of time spent away from the kiddos, but I think it will be worth it to cultivate my hobby! Finally!!
Yay to nourishing my creative side!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Shelly, this is fabulously great! See, if you were not blogging, your love of photography would probably not come up in a short conversation that probably was mostly about your intensely beautiful kids.
This is great on so many levels. You get to pursue something about which you are passionate. You get to have some time out of the house, which is a good thing for mothers. And you get to feel great about accomplishments that are yours alone.
Great, great, great!!!!! Now post some picture, okay?
Waiting... waiting...
Post a Comment