Sunday, August 23, 2009

Beginnings

Lots has been going on around here. C has started homeschooling (we are gradually introducing new subjects so that he (or mama!) will not be overwhelmed.) The curriculum we are using is just "so so" so far, and I am hoping it will pick up so that we won't have to return it and start a new one. But that's neither here nor there...
C loves art, and so naturally his favorite part of homeschooling so far has been the art projects.

Now, that's a boy after his mama's own heart!

We have been doing lots of celebrating! Celebrating the birth of our friends' new baby brother, the start of the new school year, the end of Summer (although we have MANY months of hot weather left in good ole' Texas!)

Last night we had Sundaes for dinner...

Just because!! God Bless Blue Bell. I love you so...

And today we started our Fall garden. The kids were so excited to pick out the veggies and be there "at the beginning of their lives" (their words)


Now it's up to mama to make sure they get planted in my newly built square foot garden.

Here's to beginnings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much fun to have sundaes for dinner! I mean you could even cover most of the food groups, sort of. :) I can't wait to hear all about the fancy Oprah ice cream! Was it really the "best ice cream in the world"?

Shelly said...

oh yes. I liked the coconut chocolate chip the best! Sooooo incredible!