Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Berry goodness








So, going forward with my fruit/veggie picking theme, here are some pics from our little excursion to our local CSA. We picked black and raspberries until our fingers were stained purple. The kids had a blast even though the berry bushes had thorns. They were tiny little boogers you had to be careful of them!

As a side note, can I just say how much I have enjoyed being a part of this?. I have learned so much... I am even going to learn how to do square foot gardening soon!

I have taken some of the berries and turned them into Blackberry-Almond Shortbread courtesy of Martha's cookie recipe a day email that she sends out. I don't know if it's more of a blessing or a curse because I can hardly keep myself from trying each and every one! Not that my family protests, but my waistline sure does.

ETA: These pictures are so terribly out of order. I am so lazy these days I don't feel like fixing it. Must be the Texas heat.

No comments: