
Well, this past weekend was a blur, but a loooooooong blur. We left for Paris and stayed with my dad all weekend. I really didn't have to deal with any official "grief" until Sunday when I walked into the funeral home and felt like I had been sucker punched. I had left Jeremy home with the kids so I had no one to sob into and wipe my snot on. It was not a pretty sight. I do not have a pretty crying face. I made sure to not let that happen again. He never left my side. Oh how I love that man.
My dad had the courage to get up in front of the masses at Pa's funeral and give a beautiful montage of his life and my dad's relationship with him. He summed it up perfectly... so much better than anyone else could. My Pa was a simple man. He was very successful, but lived simply. He gave everything he could when he could and couldn't stand to see kids especially in any kind of pain. He was a wonderful, wonderful man. We are just on the cusp of realizing how much of an impact he made on the Paris community and our lives personally. I always had respect for him, but after this weekend it's grown even more. He was a man of his word and had integrity. A character trait that has all but disappeared from this generation.
I am an orphan now from grandparents... only one remaining and she never was a part of my life. That really hurts. My heart hurts. My Mimi and Pa are hopefully together now, rejoicing with our Lord and Savior.
1 comment:
Your pa will be greatly missed. He obviously had a tremendous impact, on not only your family's lives, but all of Paris.
I love you baby
Post a Comment