Sunday, March 22, 2009

Catching up

Lots of catching up to do here on the ole' blogfront!
I have decided to put off getting the chickens until next year for three reasons: 1)I have waited too long and the chickens I want are not available until May at least. 2)I am pretty busy learning all about this gardening business... wow, didn't realize it was quite so involved! And, last but not least 3)This lesson of learning about life and how creatures grow will coincide with next year's lesson with C being Homeschooled.
I am very excited about having chickens. I wish I could have more than 4, but I don't want to push my luck anymore with the neighbors. :)

Speaking of luck, we had a mighty fine St. Patrick's day this year. We had some green eggs (but not ham.) ha! and painted green food coloring onto toast, irish soda bread, and I pinched C until he went upstairs and put on tons of green.


It was loads of fun. The kids played the day away on the slip and slide and baby pool because the water's too cold to get in the "real" pool yet, silly.


A couple of weekends ago Jeremy and I took a long weekend and went to NYC! It was amazing, as always. Jeremy took the food tour with me in Greenwich Village. YUM!!! I always come home so inspired. I made some peanut butter sandwich cookies inspired by this place which I have ever so affectionately dubbed "devil cookies" because they are SO delicious and SO bad for me. Here they are in all of their glory.



J was my lovely assistant.

Well, I hear my lovely assistant calling for me... she is up a tad bit early from her nap. I'm in for a wonderful afternoon! :)

2 comments:

Tylers.Net said...

Yummm!! My kids most favorite dinner is "Green Eggs & Ham"!! (although it's eggs, spinach and ham with cheese - scrumptious!) Looks like you guys are having lots of fun!

AmberBeyleryan said...

That toast looked yuck!