Monday, January 19, 2009

Blog Therapy


Things that aren't fair...
*My mimi died - I wasn't ready .
*My parents are divorced.
*My dad has prostate cancer.
*My pa is sick.
*My tooth is chipped and even though it's fixed I will
never get to bite into corn on the cob again.
*Bryson and Janie get ear infections really often.
*Bryson fell and broke his arm... he's wearing a cast for 4 weeks.
*My niece is pregnant and is only 18.
*Jeremy's nana died. He wasn't ready.
*Jeremy will more than likely be layed off at the end of the month
*One of my dear friends is pregnant and having difficulty
*I gained 4 pounds over the holidays.
*A democrat will be sworn into office tomorrow

On the bright side...
*We are all healthy.
*God is in control.
*I trust Him.
*Pa is getting better.
*Our weather is awesome.
*Hopefully planning an escape to NY in March
*God has a plan.
*We are all together as a family.
*I love my husband more than ever.
*I trust God.
*God is sovereign.
*I am taking all this surprisingly calm.
*Jeremy loves me
*God loves me.
*God loves me.
*God loves me.
*God loves me.

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, -James 1:2

3 comments:

andrea said...

I am so sorry Shelly, it has been a difficult month. It was nice to see you all, I wish it had been happier circumstances, hopefully next time will be!

Andrea

bethanybutton said...

This is my favorite post EVER! I love your honesty and determination to rest in our Father! It's so good!

Rebekah said...

Shelly,I haven't been reading blogs much for a while - it's about working full time and, well, being exhausted cause I am OLD! But, I just read this and it is wonderful! I love your spirit. So sorry about Bryson's arm and the job thing and the illness and pain in your family. But, yes, I love the way you ended the blog. Great reminder - whatever is going on. Best to you and your family!